Guidelines for Manuscripts
[printer friendly version: click here]
Submission of Manuscripts
- Text, title page and abstract should be sent as an unencoded e-mail attachment in a single PDF or Word file to email@example.com;
figures and tables should be embedded in the main file.
- The submission of a PDF file is sufficient for review purposes.
- Authors who do not wish to reveal their identity to the reviewers may submit a blinded version of their manuscript. A separate title page with all identifying information is then also required.
- In the event that you do not receive an acknowledgment from us within one working week, convert your paper to a PDF
and upload it using the upload form. Please be sure to enter all the information requested.
- When initially submitting a manuscript by email, please inform yourself about the
Wiley’s licensing options and add the
following note to the body of your email: All co-authors have reviewed this journal’s licensing options and, on behalf of all co-authors,
I confirm that all co-authors have the full power, authority and capability (i) to agree to the terms of one of the licenses offered by this
journal and (ii) to grant the rights set forth in such license for the publication of this submission. The submitting author is expected to
consult all authors to find out whether any of their funders has a policy that restricts which kinds of license they can sign, for example
if the funder is a member of Coalition S.
General Editing Suggestions
- Language: English
- Length: 15–20 pages ideal length (1,5 line spacing, excluding references), maximum 35 pages (approx. 18,000 words)
- Authors' name(s) to be indicated below the paper title, with an * for a footnote giving title(s), full affiliation(s), and full address(es), including e-mail addresses.
- A summary (abstract) in English, of 200 words at most.
- Figures should be embedded in the text and be of high quality.
- Alphabetical list of references (bibliography) at the end with full details following APA style.
- Citation in the text: Downs (1987, p. 123) states '..........' (single marks for quotations).
- Footnote numbers should follow on throughout the manuscript. Footnotes should be indicated with a superscripted Arabic number
- Headings: Main headings and subheadings should be clearly numbered and distinguishable from each other (e.g. 1. Main Heading; 1.1. Subheading 1; 1.2. Subheading 2).
- Expressions foreign to the language of the article should be in italics.
- Equations to be numbered on the right-hand side, near the margin, (1), (2), etc.
- Please use as few abbreviations as possible.
- Carefully check all citations.
- A submission to Kyklos implies that materials described in the manuscript, including all relevant raw data and codes, will be made available
to any researcher for research and replication purposes, without breaching participant confidentiality. If for some reason you cannot provide data and
replication files, please provide an explanation in the acknowledgements of your submission why the data cannot be made available.
- Kyklos strongly encourages the authors of accepted papers to make the data and the main replication files publicly available.
|Kyklos Editorial Office:
Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Basel
Peter Merian-Weg 6
CH- 4002 Basel
John Wiley & Sons Inc.