Guidelines for Manuscripts
[printer friendly version: click here]
Submission of Manuscripts
- Text, title page and abstract should be sent as an unencoded e-mail attachment in a Word or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org;
figures should be send separately or embedded in the main file.
- A PDF submission is only sufficient for initial review purposes, but a Word or rtf version is essential for publication.
- In the event that you do not receive an acknowledgment from us within one working week, convert your paper to a PDF
and upload it using the upload form. Please be sure to enter all the information requested.
- Language: English
- Length: Maximum 35 pages (1.5 line spacing), approx. 18,000 words; 15-20 pages ideal length
- Authors' name(s) to be indicated below the paper title, with an * for a footnote giving title(s), full affiliation(s), full address(es), including e-mail addresses.h
- A summary (abstract) in English, of 200 words at most
- Figures: Original format to be submitted either in a separate file (Word, rtf, jpeg, Excel, and Powerpoint are all acceptable) or embedded in the text.
- Alphabetical list of references (bibliography) at the end with full details.
The presentation of references is as follows:
Books: Baumol, William J. and Wallace E. Oates (1988). The Theory of Environmental Policy. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Articles: Weitzman, Martin L. (1974). Prices vs. Quantities, Review of Economic Studies. 41: 477-499.
Articles from books: Borcherding, Thomas E., Werner W. Pommerehne and Friedrich F. Schneider (1990). Comparing the Efficiency of Private and Public Production, in: Samuel H. Baker and Catherine S. Elliot (eds.), Readings in Public Sector Economics. Lexington (Mass.): D.C. Heath and Company: 397-413.
- Citation in the text: Downs (1987, p. 123) states '..........' (single marks for quotations).
- Footnote numbers should follow on throughout the manuscript. Footnotes should be indicated as follows: abc1, and enumerated thus: 1. xxx.
- Headings: Main Headings with Roman numerals (I., II., ...) and CAPITALS (not bold); Sub-headings with Arabic numerals and in italics (1., 2., ...)
- Expressions foreign to the language of the article should be in italics.
- Equations to be numbered on the right-hand side, near the margin, (1), (2), etc.
- Please use as few abbreviations as possible.
- Carefully check all citations: the editorial staff are not responsible for the accuracy of the bibliographical references.
|Kyklos Editorial Office:
Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Basel
Peter Merian-Weg 6
CH- 4002 Basel
John Wiley and Sons Ltd
9600 Garsington Road
Oxford OX4 2DQ